You’ve been thinking about it for a while, and now is the time to take that next step. Step up from mass-market audio to a superior sound experience, with the new Premier Series of affordable high-performance loudspeakers. Step up to Crafted in Canada quality that makes an authentic statement. Step up to exclusive audio technologies, backed by fundamental industry-leading audio research, for a performance experience unlike anything else in this class. Take the audiophile step up to Premier, by Paradigm.
Performance & Value
To produce a loudspeaker that meets Paradigm’s standards for performance and value, they took complete control of the manufacturing process, an unprecedented move at this price point. In their state-of-the-art North American facility, they have produced a loudspeaker that defies convention; a homegrown loudspeaker that benefits from innovations found throughout the Paradigm family of loudspeakers.
Patented Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™)Tweeter and Midrange Lens Technology
Distinctive perforated lens in front of the tweeter and midrange drivers increase and smooth output without coloring the sound, while also protecting the drivers from getting damaged.
Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART™) Surrounds
Premier features Paradigm’s patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) surrounds, made in-house and overmolded directly onto each woofer and midrange cone. This design achieves greater excursion, for a 3dB gain in output and 50% reduction in distortion. Crafted from injection-molded thermoplastic elastomer, ART surrounds are more durable and more reliable, ensuring a lifetime of superior sound.
Partnered with the NRC
Paradigm is partnered with Canada’s world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
- Design: 2-driver, 2-way bass reflex bookshelf
- Crossover: 2nd-order electroacoustic at 2.0 kHz (tweeter/mid)
- High Frequency Driver: 1” (25mm) X-PAL™dome, ferro-fluid damped/cooled. Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Lens
- Bass/Midrange Driver: 6-1/2” (165mm) ART™ Surround with CarbonInfused polypropylene cone. Perforated PhaseAligning (PPA™) Lens
- Low Frequency Extension: 45Hz
- Frequency Response (On Axis): +/-3dB 55 Hz–25 kHz
- Frequency Response (30°): +/-3dB 55 Hz–20 kHz
- Sensitivity - Room: 90 dB
- Sensitivity - Anechoic: 87 dB
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15-130W
- Maximum Input Power: 80 Watts
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Overall Dimensions (h x w x d): 13-1/4” x 7-7/8” x 12-5/8” (33.5 x 19.8 x 32.1 cm)
- Weight: 18 lbs (8.17 kg) each
- Finish: Gloss Black, Gloss White, Espresso Grain