High-Performance Low-Profile Bi-Directional Design will appeal to the audiophile eager for an affordable high-end 5.1 music and home theater experience that includes Paradigm’s sought-after “surrounded-by-sound” experience in a dedicated high — performance surround speaker of compact dimensions. The low-profile is application-friendly: perfectly suited for today’s multi-purpose listening spaces.
Advanced Features And Functions:
Anyone eager for an affordable, high-end surround speaker will want to hear Paradigm Surround 1 or Paradigm Surround 3. These speakers add size and dimension to the musical soundstage, which envelopes you in non-localized sound. Their design ensures maximum placement flexibility – even in rooms where dimensions and configuration are not ideal
Patented† Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens Technology
Paradigm’s patent pending Phase Aligning (PPA™) Lens Distinctive perforated lens in front of the tweeter and midrange drivers increase and smooth output without coloring the sound, while also protecting the drivers from getting damaged.
X-PAL™ Satin-Anodized Pure Aluminum Mid-Bass Cones: Provide high stiffness-to-mass ratio and outstanding internal damping. The result? Remarkable midrange clarity, super extended bass response and freedom from unwanted resonances and distortions. (Paradigm Surround 3)
Partnered with the NRC
Paradigm is partnered with Canada’s world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
- Design: 4-driver, 2-way bidirectional surround/rear
- Crossover: 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 2.3 kHz
- High Frequency Driver: Two 1” (25mm) X-PAL™ dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, Perforated Phase-Aligning Tweeter (PPA™) Lens
- Bass/Midrange Driver: Two 5-1/2” (140mm) X-PAL™ cones, 1” (25mm) voice-coils, oversize ceramic / ferrite magnets, GRIP™ chassis
- Low Frequency Extension: 45Hz
- Frequency Response (On Axis): +/-2dB 90 Hz–20 kHz
- Frequency Response (30°): bi-directional soundfield
- Sensitivity - Room: 90 dB
- Sensitivity - Anechoic: 87 dB
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15-175W
- Maximum Input Power: 120 Watts
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Overall Dimensions (h x w x d): 10-5/8” × 13” × 5-5/8” (27cm × 33cm × 14.3cm)
- Weight: 13.95 lbs. (6.32 kg) each
- Finish: Black
- MPN: 1230000071