Note: The dust cover is included in this offer. Note 2: Images show optional Elys 2 cartridge
Rega has pioneered the use of lightweight rigid plinths. Clever use of lightweight particulate core with a highly rigid phenolic resin skin became the foundations of the high level of performance achieved by the now iconic original Planar range.
The new Planar 3 takes this design philosophy to the next level. A lightweight acrylic laminated plinth strengthened using a new improved double brace system mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) which forms a structurally sound "stressed beam" assembly. This rigid plinth design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonance, which will add unnatural distortions to the music.
Equally, heavier mass can transfer more unwanted energy, such as motor or bearing noise directly into the rotating record. The use of braces instead of the complete skin allows double thickness phenolic resin in these key areas while providing further weight reduction to the plinth which directly addresses the issue of mass absorption and unwanted energy transmission.
- Motor cover tray with integrated cooling
- Improved new 24V motor control PCB
- New improved foot to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ polished rim 12mm – Improved accuracy in manufacture and stunning looks
- Re-designed sub platter, improved accuracy and improved stiffness
- Re-designed brass main hub central bearing, improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself
- Improved thicker 3mm phenolic bottom brace and new metalised skin phenolic top brace
- Plinth: sandwich-construction, high pressure acrylic laminate over medite Super-lightweight aerospace Tancast
- Main Bearing & Hub Assembly: polycarbonate hub, stainless steel spindle, precision main bearing, 18mm compressionless bronze bearing well
- Double Bracing: phenolic
- Platter: 12mm Optiwhite single-layer float glass, polished rim
- Tonearm: RB330
- Motor: low-noise high-spec 24V AC twin-phase brushless
- Power Supply: Optional TT-PSU
- Available Finishes: Gloss black, white, or red
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.60 x 4.61 x 14.17”
- Weight: 13.23 lbs
Great Turntable and Excellent Service!
Love my new Rega Planar 3. It sounds amazing, looks great, and setup was easy. I can’t imagine owning a better turntable. And Audiolab is awesome — very patient when I called to ask several questions; and the shipping was super fast.
Just the upgrade I was looking for
Excellent turntable with a solid cartridge, all at a great price. I enjoyed my P1, but you can definitely hear the additional clarity on the P3. Special thanks to Nick , Brendan and Trevor for answering my numerous questions.
Good performance, great looks. The upgrade Rega Exact Cartridges makes this an outstanding deal. Set up was as easy as reviews say. Very quiet electronics even without the ground wire. All in all very pleased with this turntable.